- Positive standing in the Traditions
- A mentor (or similar) with positive standing in the Traditions
- Ability to relocate easily (one of the first things to happen in game is everyone moves to the game location)
Use standard character creation rules (Mage: The Ascension, p. 87) for character building. Merits and Flaws are available in the Book of Shadows, p.29.
I suggest not taking Node. See Character Creation Requirements
Quintessence: Equal to Avatar Background (if you have it)
Spheres: 5 plus 1 in Tradition specialty
Merits: Merits can be purchased using Freebie Points
Flaws: Max 7 points in Flaws.
Taking a Flaw gains you the equivilent amount of Freebie Points
Freebie Points: 15
- Attribute: 5 per dot
- Ability: 2 per dot
- Sphere: 7 per dot
- Background: 1 per dot
- Arete: 4 per dot (Max Total 3)
- Willpower: 1 per dot
- Quintessence: 1 for 4 dots
- Merits: 1 per dot
A short character biography (preferred one page) is suggested but is not required.
Before the first game day I will need to meet with each player individually for a prelude session. During this time we will talk about your character, their histories and mentors, and run a short session taking place just before the start of the first game. Plan on this taking about two hours per person.